- One Grand Prize will be awarded to the best overall individual entry chosen from all grade levels. If the grand prize is awarded to a group entry, the grand prize will be split equally among the group members.
- Judging for both the art and writing contest is based on originality and interpretation of the theme.
- Deadline: Jan. 12, 2018. Must be received by the deadline, so mail a few days earlier.
- Please include the entry form with the entry.
- Entries will not be returned unless requested before entry deadline.
- Entries are limited to one per student in each contest.
- Teachers (including home school teachers) will receive color participant certificates, ready for personalization, for each student who enters.
- Students submitting entries directly to the OBA will also receive a certificate.
- Target date to announce contest winners: February 2018.
- Winning entries will be published in the Oklahoma Bar Journal and posted to the OBA website.
- First- and second-place winners in each category will receive a framed award certificate in addition to prize money. First-place winners will be invited to an award presentation ceremony at the state Capitol, where each attending winner will receive his or her award. Second-place winners will be presented their awards by their local county bar association. Honorable mention winners will receive an award certificate in a presentation folder with a ribbon. Presentation arrangements for honorable mention recipients will vary by county.
- Judges reserve the right to not award a prize for every grade level.
To mail entries, send to:
OBA Law Day Committee
P.O. Box 53036
Oklahoma City, OK 73152
To hand deliver entries, bring to:
Oklahoma Bar Center
1901 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, 73105
Questions? Email the Law Day Committee.
Grades Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten (includes T-1) coloring:
- For each grade level, a first- and second- place winner are chosen
- Transitional first-grade students will be judged within the “kindergarten” category.
- First-place winners receive a $25 cash prize. Second-place winners will receive a $15 cash prize.
- Honorable mention certificates will also be awarded.
- Three coloring sheets to choose from; each student may pick one of the coloring sheets to enter.
Grades 1st through 12th free form art:
This is a free form art contest for students grades 1st through 12th. Entries will be an original piece of artwork from any medium. Examples of entries might be mixed media artwork, original music, photography, video, collage or anything else that relates to the contest theme.
First- and second-place prizes will be awarded for each grade level.
First-place winners in 1st through 5th grades will receive a $50 cash prize.
Second-place winners in 1st through 5th grades will receive a $25 cash prize.
First-place winners in 6th though 8th grades will receive a $100 cash prize.
Second-place winners in 6th through 8th grades will receive a $50 cash prize.
First-place winners in 9th through 12th grades will receive a $150 cash prize.
Second-place winners in 9th trough 12th grades will receive a $75 cash prize.
Honorable mention certificates will also be awarded.
- Group submissions are accepted and will be judged at the grade level of the group member in the highest grade.
- If you’d like guidance for subject matter, see the prompts below.