JUNIOR YOUNG TALENT IN OKLAHOMA 2018
Junior Young Talent in Oklahoma (JRYTIO) is a juried art exhibition for students in grades 6th, 7th, and 8th with only 125 works accepted into the show. Selected works will be judged in three categories:
2D – Color & Mixed Media
2D – Values
3D – All
Per judges’ discretion specific categories can be created. For example: Prints, Portraits, Collage/Mixed-media, Conceptual, Color Design, etc.
- $1.00 entry fee per work, no limit on entries, make checks payable to: OAEA and mail to:
- OAEA c/o Jennifer van Patten
514 S. Wheeling Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74104
HOW TO ENTER STUDENT ARTWORK
1. Email the JRYTIO TEACHER ENTRY FORM to Jennifer Van Patten by February 17, 2018
JRYTIO Teacher Entry Form
JRYTIO Teacher Entry Form
- All 2D works must be matted or mounted on sturdy material with a way to hang. Binder clips work well for hanging.
- Student, teacher, and school info must be attached to all works.
2. Entered artwork must then be mailed or delivered to Jennifer van Patten by February 28, 2018
Please deliver or mail artwork to:
School: Victory Christian School, 7700 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK 74136
Home: 514 S. Wheeling Ave., Tulsa, OK 74104
NEW Artwork Labeling Procedure:
All art must be labeled using the following document:
EXHIBITION AND CLOSING RECEPTION
- The exhibition hangs Friday, March 2, 2018 from 4 pm until the final piece is displayed. If your students have work in the exhibition, please make arrangements to assist with the setup.
- The exhibition opens Saturday March 3, 2018 and runs until Sunday, April 8, 2018 at Oral Roberts University on the 2nd floor of the Learning Resources Center . The building opens at 7:00 a.m. and closes at 11:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and is open Sunday from 2:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m.
- When entering through the main entrance, (look for a large black triangular caldron with a flame coming out of the middle) come up the stairs to the lobby and you will see a round glass room. Go around the glass room on either side and you will come to the hall of mirrors. Go through the hall of mirrors and there will be a stairway and two elevators on your left. Go down to the second floor and turn to your left, and you will see the Jr. Young Talent exhibit.
- The Closing Reception & Awards Ceremony is Sunday, April 8 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm. All works must be picked up at this time. Please make arrangements to have your work picked up by 5:00pm. If you mail work, it can be mailed back if you include postage.
Exhibit will be at the located at:
Oral Roberts University
Graduate Learning Center/Learning Resources Center
7777 S. Lewis Ave
Tulsa, OK 74171
February 17 – Email Works Entered List to Jennifer van Patten.
February 28 – Hand deliver or US mail artwork entries by this date. (If sending by mail, please ensure that the artwork arrives no later than February 25)
March 2, 4:00 pm – Hanging of artwork at the ORU Learning Resources Center.
March 3 to April 8 – Exhibition open for public viewing. Open 7 am to 11 pm (Mon. – Sat.) and 2 pm to 11 pm (Sun.)
April 8, 1:00 – 5:00 pm – Closing ceremony at the ORU Graduate Learning Center. All artwork must be picked up at this time.